Disclaimer: I am an Avon Independent Sales Representative and all links to Avon products are linked to my online store. Essentially, when you click on one of those links, I will make commission on your purchase. I pride myself in providing you accurate information and my review is 100% based on my own experience with the product(s). I appreciate your support.
Senses Shower Gel Product Review
The Avon Senses, formerly known as Avon Natural, is a customer favorite body care collection that contains light, floral scented formulas. One of the most popular & customer favorite products from the collection is their infamous hooked shower gels. After joining the LG Household & Health Care, Avon’s product line went through a major overhaul by discontinuing products as well as updating packaging & formulas. Avon Senses shower gels were ones that received a new formula
Avon Senses Collection
The *NEW* & improved Avon Senses collection features new formulas featuring fresh, luxurious scents now in *NEW* packaging. Transform your routine & enjoy your me time with:
- Antibacterial Hand Gels
- Body Lotions
- Body Mists
- Bubble Baths
- Hand Creams
- Hand Soaps
- Shower Gels
Learn more about body care & Avon Senses by checking out Summer Body Care with Avon Senses
Avon Senses Shower Gels
Enjoy hydrating, lightweight formulas in your favorite Avon Senses scents of:
- Cozy Vanilla & Coconut: Surround yourself in a cozy cloud of cozy vanilla, creamy coconut and calming chamomile. Featuring moisturizing glycerin and cleansers derived from coconut this comforting shower gel leaves skin feeling clean, soft and delightfully scented.
- Fresh Bergamot & Wild Mint: Welcome the day with a vibrant bouquet featuring crisp wild mint, bright notes of bergamot and solar musk. Made with aloe vera extract, this refreshing shower gel leaves skin soothed and delightfully scented.
- Sparkling Grapefruit & Orange Blossom: Indulge in a juicy mix of sparkling grapefruit, energizing orange blossom, delicate honeysuckle and luscious peach. Formulated with moisturizing glycerin and cleansers derived from coconut, this fruity-floral shower gel leaves skin feeling clean, soft and pleasantly scented.
Any skin type looking for lightweight body wash in floral scents
- Fruity, floral scents
- Use of hydrating ingredients like glycerin & aloe vera
- Lightweight formulas
- Dermatologist tested & hypoallergenic
- Free from parabens, sulfates, silicone, phthalates and dyes
How to Purchase
You can purchase Avon Senses shower gels online for $17 each or shop through an Avon representative & enjoy customer exclusive pricing of $13.99 each. Enjoy 100% Money Back Guarantee within 45 days from your order bill date.
To learn more about Avon’s guarantee, click here or speak to your local Avon representative.
Shower gels & body washes are liquid soaps to clean your body. The difference between shower gels & body washes is their texture. Shower gels are thicker while body washes are creamier yet both accomplish the same. According to Good Housekeeping, these are the 15 best for flawless skin (Franzino, 2019):
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash
- Dove Dry Oil Moisture Body Wash
- Tone Mango Splash Body Wash
- Nivea Foaming Silk Mousse Body Wash
- Neutrogena Body Clear Pink Grapefruit Acne Body Wash
- Dove Deep Moisture Shower Foam
- Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash Fragrance Free
- Nivea Care & Orange Blossom Moisturizing Body Wash
- Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash
- Ren Clean Skincare Atlantic Kelp & Magnesium Body Wash
- Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash
- Caress Evenly Gorgeous Exfoliating Body Wash
- Olay Fresh Outlast Soothing Orchid & Black Currant Body Wash
- Love Beauty & Planet Radical Refresher Cleansing Body Mist
- Aveda Stress Fix Creme Cleansing Oil
- Small amount needed
- Thicker in texture then original Senses shower gels
- Gets very sudsy
- Skin feels soft & refreshed
- Refreshing, revitalizing or comforting depending on which scent you chose
- Scents last long after use
- Packaging better quality
- Price is higher then original Senses shower gels (though you do get double)
- Only available in 3 scents
Customer Thoughts & Reviews
One of the many benefits of shopping Avon online is that you are able to check out what other customers have to say about a product.
Cozy Vanilla & Coconut Reviews:
Rusty from Undiscolosed
“This is my favorite shower gel. It is a little more expensive, but worth every penny. It goes a long way, smells fantastic, and rinses completely. In short it works great!“
Ronda from Undisclosed
“My favorite shower soap! Smells awesome, rinses clean away”
Fresh Bergamot & Wild Mint Reviews:
Barbara from Undiscolosed
“Lathers nice with a light scent that is very pleasant.“
Cheryl from Undisclosed
“Light pleasant scent although I am disappointed with the wild mint. I’m really not getting it so much as I am citrusy scent.”
Nance from Undiscolosed
“I love everything about this fabulous body wash. The scent is so clean and fresh making it a must have for summer. The wash creates a very nice lather and after cleansing skin feels smooth and soft.“
SallyRose from Oregon
“This lathers well and does not seem to dry my skin, but the smell is not appealing. Instead of Grapefruit-Orange Blossom it has that “Avon perfume” smell. It is very strong, both in the shower and afterwards. I don’t like that smell, and it also gives me a headache. I can still smell it 2 hours after my shower, and I may have to take another shower to get rid of it. I wish it did smell as advertised. I’m sticking to Avon’s more inexpensive shower gels, which smell as advertised.”
My Final Thoughts
Personally I use two body washes/shower gels when I take my showers. I use typically a body wash or body scrub to clean my skin and then use a shower gel for the scent and when I need to take a quick shower (which happens more than not being a single mom of 4). The shower gels I have been obsessed with, even prior to becoming an independent sales representative was the Senses, previously known as Natural, hooked shower gels. I will admit the one issue I did have with them was how quickly I would go through them compared to other shower gels I have used. However, the scents kept me coming back to them.
Because of all this, you are right in assuming that I was excited when Avon announced the launch of the new shower gels. I will admit that I was disappointed that they were not launching the original scents that they had and was not happy that they were more expensive. Because of this, I went in to testing out the Fresh Bergamot & Wild Mint not in favor of it. Surprisingly I immediately fell in love with it. I loved the scent and I especially loved that it was thicker creating a beautiful lather where you did not need a whole lot of product. The next test I wanted to do was to see if the price increase was really worth it because as I said before, the previous shower gels didn’t last very long. For me, I was able to use the Fresh Bergamot & Wild Mint a good chunk of the summer.
After testing Fresh Bergamot & Wild Mint and falling in love with the scent & formula, I decided to try next the Sparkling Grapefruit & Orange Blossom. Just like Fresh Bergamot & Wild Mint, I instantly fell in love with Sparkling Grapefruit & Orange Blossom. The formula was similar in thickness & creating a beautiful lather that spread onto my skin smoothly.
I personally have chosen not to test out the Cozy Vanilla & Coconut version only because I am one of the few people in the world that does not like the vanilla scent. Based on my customers reviews & other representatives, I’ve heard that if you do enjoy the vanilla scent that you will enjoy this shower gel. Also this shower gel is designed to be comforting & relaxing so this would be a great shower gel if you are someone who takes a shower at night.
Now if you are someone that is sensitive to scents then these shower gels may not be your preference. However, if you enjoyed the original hooked shower gels, then you will love the updated versions even more. The Fresh Bergamot & Wild Mint is designed to be refreshing while Sparkling Grapefruit & Orange Blossom is designed to be revitalizing. As a result, I personally use the Fresh Bergamot & Wild Mint during the fall & winter months in my shower routine and Sparkling Grapefruit & Orange Blossom during the spring & summer.
What is your favorite Avon Senses scent(s)?
Share below your favorite Avon Senses scents & products in comments below