Disclaimer: I am an Avon Independent Sales Representative and all links to Avon products are linked to my online store. Essentially, when you click on one of those links, I will make commission on your purchase. I pride myself in providing you accurate information and my review is 100% based on my own experience with the product(s). I appreciate your support.
Avon Product Review: CHI Essentials Shampoo & Conditioner
Have healthy, beautiful hair is a struggle for many. I will admit that I never really understood this struggle until I lost my hair due to chemotherapy. I was born with thick, wavy hair that even hairdressers would envy. Now I have so much more compassion & understanding for those who struggle with finding the perfect hair care products to promote healthy, beautiful hair.
Avon CHI Essentials
Last fall, Avon launched a new product line in collaboration with CHI. Founded by hairdresser Farouk Shami in 1986, CHI is apart of Houston base Farouk Systems, Inc, known for providing high quality hair care products under other leading brands like SunGlitz® and BioSilk®. (CHI Haircare, 2020) Farouk Shami is known for being a true innovator in the hair care industry with 27 patents for things like being the first of ammonia-free hair color, using silk proteins and inventing the very first CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Iron. (CHI Haircare, 2020)
Avon customers can now enjoy certified organic hair care products from CHI. You will find unique blends of aloe vera, pomegranate, hibiscus and other nutrient rich ingredients that will give you healthy looking hair. Currently Avon customers can choose from:
- Replenishing Shampoo: The nutrient-rich blend provides balanced care for the hair and scalp while helping to maintain nourishment and shine.
- Moisturizing Conditioner: A lightweight daily conditioner that is infused with aloe to lock in rich moisture and Vitamins A & B to help strengthen your hair from root to ends, increasing hair’s elasticity and help to smooth split ends and frizz.
- Hair Serum: A deeply penetrating, lightweight serum that helps to strengthen, moisturize and smooth hair from scalp to ends while also helping to heal and protect hair from damage. Plus, it’s formulated with vitamin A to help seal split ends.
- Thermal Protecting Spray: Infused with essential nutrients, vitamins and anti-oxidations to help protect hair from the damaging heat of styling tools, the silk molecules help lock in moisture and strengthen cuticles for frizz-free, shiny hair.
- Hair Color: Ammonia-free and gluten-free — get salon color (without the salon!). A professional blended formula with aloe, silk, olive oil and other natural ingredients to give you vibrant color, guaranteed gray coverage and radiant shine. Paraben-free, PABA-free, phthalate-free and sulfate-free. Available in 12 colors. Each kit includes Bottle of Color, Developer, CHI Essential Shampoo mini, CHI Essential Serum mini, Pair of Gloves, Shower Cap and Instructions.
Avon Chi Essential Shampoo & Conditioner
Enjoy certified organic daily shampoo and conditioner each formulated with a nutrient rich blend designed to provide balanced care for the hair and scalp while helping to maintain nourishment and shine from root to tip.
Anyone looking to clean & condition hair with organic botanical blend for healthy, nourished hair from root to tip.
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Won’t strip hair of it’s natural oils
- Unique blend of certified organic botanicals including aloe vera, pomegranate and hibiscus and other nutrient-rich ingredients
- Infused with aloe to lock in hair’s moisture
- Strengthens hair from root to tips with Vitamin A and Vitamin B formula
- Increase hair elasticity and smooth out split ends & frizz
- Unique blend of certified organic botanicals including aloe vera, pomegranate and hibiscus and other nutrient-rich ingredients
- Aloe Vera: Natural humectant that helps hair lock in moisture & reduce frizz
- Pomegranate: Full of antioxidants that stimulate the scalp & natural PH balancing properties to help clarify hair.
- Hibiscus: Rich in vitamins & amino acids that boost hair elasticity giving you fuller, thicker looking hair.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hexylene Glycol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate
Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Ceteareth-20, Quaternium-80, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate
How to Purchase:
You can purchase CHI Essential Replenishing Shampoo and/or CHI Essential Moisturing Conditioner through your local Avon representative or online at youravon.com/jantunes at the regular price of $18 each.
Enjoy 100% Money Back Guarantee when you shop Avon CHI Essentials.
To learn more about Avon’s guarantee, click here or speak to your local Avon representative.
Shampoo & Conditioners have been around for generations but over the last decade or so, more and more consumers are more aware & cautious of what they apply to their body & hair knowing use of chemicals can eventually lead to health problems and/or damaging to the skin/hair, especially when it comes to products you use on a regular basis. With more & more consumers making the conscious choice of using organic or all natural beauty & hair products, more and more beauty companies are coming out with their own versions. Here is a list of the top 18 organic, all natural shampoos in 2020 according to Elle Magazine (Hall, 2020):
- Christina Moss Organic Shampoo
- Rahua Shampoo Rainforest Grown
- John Masters Organics Organics Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
- Dr. Alkaitis Organic Herbal Shampoo
- Ethique Ethique Eco-Friendly Frizz Wrangler Shampoo Bar
- OGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- Tree to Tub Organic Argan Shampoo
- Aubrey Organics Chia Shampoo
- EO Botanical Sulfate-Free Shampoo with Keratin
- Earth’s Nectar Mint Leaves & Tea Tree Shampoo
- Avalon Organics Volumizing Rosemary Shampoo
- Acure Mega Moisture Shampoo
- Evolvh UltraShine Moisture Shampoo
- Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic Shampoo
- Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Conditioning Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Nine Naturals Citrus + Mint Nourishing Shampoo
- Nude Shampoo
For more information, check out Elle’s 18 Best Organic Shampoos for Any and All Hair Types.
- 100 Percent Pure Honey & Virgin Coconut Conditioner
- 100 Percent Pure Yuzu & Pomelo Glossing Conditioner
- Boyzz Only No-Nonsense Conditioner
- Attitude Super Leaves Conditioner
- Dolphin Organics Fragrance-Free Conditioner
- Living Libations True Blue Spirulina Conditioner
- Living Libations Shine On Conditioner
- Herbal Choice Mari Organic Conditioner
- Everyone Sulfate-Free Hair Conditioner
- Burdock & Neem Healthy Scalp Conditioner
For more information, check out The Natural Beauty Blog’s The 10 Best Natural & Organic Conditioners 2020.
- Organic, all natural
- Little goes a long way
- Quickly notice healthier, shinier, thicker hair
- Super soft hair
- Not a strong scent
- Price is a lot higher then I normally spend on shampoo & conditioner
- Over time, I developed dry scalp
- Not my favorite fruity scent I love on my hair
One of the many benefits of shopping Avon online is that you are able to check out what other customers have to say about a product. Here are what some customers said about Avon CHI Essential Replenishing Shampoo and Avon CHI Moisturizing Conditioner:
Rosemarie from Undisclosed on Avon CHI Essential Replenishing Shampoo page: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
“This is the first time I’ve tried and I think I like it. My hair is very fine and the shampoo and conditioner in this line doesn’t weigh my hair down. Might be a keeper.”
Denise at Undisclosed on Avon CHI Moisturizing Conditioner page: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
“Smells wonderful, fresh, not too heavy. Product quality pleasant surprise. Love, love, love it! I have dry, dyed hair.I My hair feels oh so good after using!!”
Chandra at Undisclosed on Avon CHI Moisturizing Conditioner page : ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
“This stuff is AMAZING! My hair had a total transformation after one use of the shampoo and conditioner! My hair was rejuvenated and smelled amazing! It made my hair super shiny! I air dry my hair 99% of the time, and this set of shampoo and conditioner left my hair so soft and silky, I am fully addicted!!!”
Patricia at Undisclosed on Avon CHI Moisturizing Conditioner page : ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
“Excellent. Light and you don’t need much”
Dessa from Undisclosed on Avon CHI Essential Replenishing Shampoo page: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
“I love the product itself, but wish the container lasted longer. The bottle is pretty small.”
“After use of the shampoo, this made my hair stringy and dried my scalp terribly. Will be returning.”
Barbara from Undisclosed on Avon CHI Essential Replenishing Shampoo page: ♥
“I liked the smell, but felt it was pretty harsh on my hair. Sorry.”
According to the Avon CHI Essential Replenishing Shampoo product page on www.avon.com, 63% of customers who submitted a review, would recommend this product to their friend and the average rating is 4.5 out of 5 stars. According to the Avon CHI Moisturizing Conditioner product page on www.avon.com, the average rating is 4.6 out of 5 stars.
My Final Thought:
This is the first time I have reviewed two products at once. For me, these two go hand in hand. I wash and condition my hair a couple times a week since my twenties. If I was going to review these products, I knew I had to use them as if I would any other shampoo & conditioner. So now to my final thoughts…
For those of you who don’t know, in 2019 I had to undergo 12 chemotherapy treatments for Stage III Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Cancer. As you can probably figure out, I did lose my hair. I went from having long, luscious, thick hair to short, very thin hair with patches of almost baldness. I’m sure you are wondering why the hell am I telling you this. Well that is the reason why I decided to try CHI Essential Replenishing Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner. I MISS MY LONG LUSCIOUS HAIR! So I figured I would give these products a try and see if they could actually “replenish” and “moisturize” my hair. Hey, I gotta wash & condition my hair anyways, why not see if I can help it get back to life while at it.
I first want to establish what my usual hair care consists of. Over the last ten years or so, I wash and condition my hair at the same time (well same wash cycle), 2-4 times a week, depending on the time of the year (summer vs winter). I will acknowledge that I did use CHI Essential Shampoo and Conditioner during the winter months which are more of my “cleaner” time of year. The summer months is when my hair really needs special TLC due to sweating more and being outdoors more. So I will acknowledge that this review is not during the most difficult period of the year for my hair. For me, though, I was looking for something to help get my hair healthier and stronger after intense chemotherapy treatments. Now did I get what I wished for?
I have to say after the first use, I noticed a dramatic difference in how my hair felt and looked. It looked so much healthier & it felt sooo amazing. I actually couldn’t stop playing with my hair it was so soft. After using them for about a month, I noticed my hair was getting healthier, softer and was even growing faster then it was before I started using the Replenishing Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner.
What really blew my mind with this shampoo and conditioner is what it did to my son’s hair. My son has very, very dry hair. Our family tease him sometimes saying he has “hay hair” because it doesn’t fall like most hair does. It just sticks out everywhere like he has a bunch of hay on top of his head… hence “Hay hair”. One week I noticed his hair was looking healthier and starting to not stick out everywhere. I put two and two together and asked if he was using my shampoo and conditioner. Hey, it’s not cheap and I was not up for my kids wasting it… like using it for body wash. Yes, body wash. The struggles of being a mom of all boys!
Anywho, when I saw how much it was helping his hair, I told him to keep on using it. I’ve had him try other shampoos & conditioners and hair masks & serums and I have to say, none of those worked as well as the Replenishing Shampoo & Moisturizing Conditioner did for his hair.
Sadly, I will have to say over the last couple weeks, I’ve noticed that my scalp is getting really dry. I’ve tried different combinations in using the Replenishing Shampoo & Moisturizing Conditioner, but nothing ever stuck. There were no rhyme or reason for when I would or wouldn’t end up with dry scalp. Though I will admit my hair still does look amazing and still feels really soft, I can’t deal with the dry scalp. So, I’ve decided to move on and currently have gone back to my good ole friend Garnier Fructis. (My next order I will be ordering the Elastine PropoliThera Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner… Let me know in comments below or contact me if you’d like me to review those as well).
So would I recommend this product? YES and NO. To be honest it depends on the person. I am going to acknowledge here that the price of CHI Essential Replenishing Shampoo & Moisturizing Conditioner is much higher then I would normally pay, even after my representative discount. However, because I’ve seen how well they work for my son, I am going to continue to purchase these for him. So, yes I would recommend these to anyone who has really, really dry hair (aka hay hair). I would also recommend these to someone who has brittle, frail or damaged hair due to things like chemotherapy or even someone who uses heat tools on their hair. With it being organic, it should be ok for chemotherapy patients to use. Though I didn’t personally use this when I was undergoing chemotherapy, I do know it helped my hair come back to life. For someone who naturally has oily hair and/or dry scalp, I personally wouldn’t recommend this to them.
- CHI Haircare Overview (2020)
- Elle’s 18 Best Organic Shampoos for Any and All Hair Types by Choloe Hall (March 21, 2020)
- Farouk Systems, Inc (2020)
LOOKING FOR AN AVON LADY?
When you shop Avon with Jen Antunes, you will be able to enjoy a variety of benefits & services that will help you save money and get the most out of your Avon experience. As a customer have the opportunity to enjoy:
- FREE DELIVERY right to your door with your $60+ online order or when you use exclusive FREE SHIPPING online coupon codes.
- Receive DISCOUNTS or FREE GIFTS through Refer-a-Friend promo, hosting an Avon Facebook Party and being a customer with Jen Antunes.
- Get customer exclusive access to first-to-know updates, exclusive offers, games & prizes and more as a member of AVON WITH JEN ANTUNES CUSTOMER EXCLUSIVE FACEBOOK GROUP PAGE– Avon with Jen Antunes VIP’s.
- Enjoy campaign updates, product guides & tips on how to save money with your Avon orders when you SUBSCRIBE TO AVON WITH JEN ANTUNES EMAIL LIST. Click Here to Subscribe.
- Learn more about what Avon products are best for you through FREE SAMPLES & FREE CONSULTATIONS.
Learn more by checking out Buy Avon Online with Jen Antunes
How Can I Help You?
What You Can Do With Avon: Shop Avon Online Shop Avon Brochure Sell Avon Use Reference Code: jantunes Earn Free Avon Donate with Avon