AvonMom’s 10 Favorite Mommy Me Time
The most rewarding & the most challenging aspect of my life is being a mom. Every day is a new adventure filled with moments of joy, laughter, hugs, tantrums, fighting & screaming. Would I have it any other way? NO. Are there days that I just want to scream & lock myself in the bathroom? YES. It is no joke with the amount of responsibilities a mom has in her home whether you are a stay at home mom, work at home mom or work out of home mom. Each one of us has A LOT on our plates & it is not only our right but our responsibility to make sure we take some time for ourselves.
AvonMom’s Top 10 Favorite Mommy Me Time Activities
1. Turn Up the Music & dance or sing your heart out. If you really need to let it out- DO BOTH! I have to thank my mom for this idea because she is the one who taught me how to use music to release your daily stress through dancing & singing. THANKS MOM!
2. Take a reeeeealllly long shower! Most days I’m lucky if I get 2 minutes to shower with no interruptions. The other day my older kids were in school & my husband took our little one to the store. What did I do? I took a 15 minute shower where I took my time & actually enjoyed the hot water run down my body. I actually had time to shave! I know- it’s a miracle. Another idea like this is bubble baths. I’m not one to take baths but if you are go for it!
3. Take a Nap and catch up on those ZZZ’s. An overtired mommy is a cranky mommy and we all know when mommy is cranky, everyone is cranky.
4. Escape into a Book from your Favorite Author. I know I can completely lose myself in a good mystery.
5. Netflix binge your favorite TV shows. Once the kids are in bed & the house is quiet, this is my go to activity. Even if I only get through one episode before I fall asleep, I am able to just enjoy relaxing with no interruptions.
6. Have a Glass of Wine in Your Backyard. I am not someone that drinks a lot, even wine. In our new home, when it’s a beautiful night out & I’ve had one hell of a day filled with non stop screaming, fighting & messes, I will go into my backyard with a glass of wine and just stare at the stars.
7. Take Up a Hobby such as photography, gardening & scrapbooking. I love to write so I am very excited to start my new blog series beginning January 15, 2018 where I am going to be writing about my life as a mom, wife, entrepreneur- being a woman. For more ideas, check out 10 Great Hobbies for Busy Moms.
8. Take your time at the store when you don’t have the kids. There are a few times I can go to the store without any kids so when I do, I take my time and enjoy the quiet. It’s amazing how much money I save & walk out of the store with just what we need when you don’ have to deal with “I want this. I want that” whining.
9. Hang Out with Friends at home or out at your favorite spots & enjoy good food, good laughter, good company & much needed venting time.
10. Get a pedicure & pamper yourself. Sometimes there are moments in the year when I just want to pamper myself with a relaxing pedicure. If I have been stressing big time I will go the extra mile & get the manicure too! Hey, us moms deserve to feel spoiled too!
For more ideas on what to do during your me time, check out these:
- 10 “Me Time” Ideas for Busy Moms from Family Education
- 20 Things You Can Do for Me Time (Even Though You’re Busy) from Confidence Meets Parenting
- 25 Me Time Ideas for Mom from Mommy Moment
- 25 Things Every Working Mom Should Do for Herself from Working Mother
- 31 Ideas for Mom’s Daily “Me Time” from iMom
- How to Take a Mommy Day Off from Parenting
What Do You Love to Do for Your Mommy “Me Time”?
Comment below your favorite Mommy Me Time activities.
How to Become an Avon Mom
Create an online business you can work anytime, anywhere with the help of your FREE online tools, resources, and training you receive as an Avon representative.
Get started today for $30 + receive a FREE gift when you sign up at www.startavon.com with Reference Code: jantunes.
How Can I Help You?
What You Can Do With Avon: Shop Avon Online Shop Avon Brochure Sell Avon Use Reference Code: jantunes Earn Free Avon Donate with Avon