Being an Avon Mom: Being Thankful
With Thanksgiving later on this week, this is a time many of us think of all the things we are thankful for in our lives. How crazy & tumultuous 2020 has been, this year may be hard for many of us to find ways to be thankful. For me, however, after the last few months dealing with health issues once again, I am not one who is struggling on what to be thankful for.
A few weeks ago I underwent surgery to determine if I had cancer again or not. Over a week ago I found out that I am “good to go”… I am CANCER FREE! Being mentally prepared to have to start up chemotherapy treatments again, hearing that I don’t have to, hear that I am able to continue on with my life and not have another obstacle to overcome, has made me so grateful.
Having had health issues the last few years & having to adapt to being a single mom of 4 boys and “starting over again”, it has made me sit back and learn how to enjoy the small moments, the small things in life.
This year, I am thankful for:
- Being healthy to enjoy my life & my family
- My family being healthy especially this past year when so many families have been affected by the COVID-19.
- Having a supporting & loving family who has dropped what they were doing to help me while I had cancer, transitioning into being a single parent, then again when I underwent my surgery.
- Being a mother to 4 amazing boys who bring so much joy & pride into my life.
- Having the opportunity & privilege to work at home & provide for my 4 boys through my Avon business.
- A home that is filled with love, laughter & life where my boys & I feel safe to be ourselves & to grow into the best versions of ourselves.
- Being able to live life to the fullest & accomplish my goals one at a time.
My life has drastically changed over the last two years and I have to say it has changed for the better. The road to get here was not easy, but it was worth every step of the way because I would not be where I am today or who I am today without everything I have gone through not only the last two years, but my whole 36 years of life.
What are you thankful for this year?
Stay Up to Date
Subscribe to Jen’s email list for updates on new products, sales, FREE SHIPPING coupon codes, events, trends & more.