For up to date FAQ’s on buying & selling Avon, check out Buy or Sell Avon FAQ’s.
Avon’s Frequently Asked Questions When Buying or Selling Avon
FAQ About Avon
What is Avon?
Avon is a direct selling company that sells beauty, personal care, fashion & jewelry and household items in about 70 countries worldwide. It is “a company steeped in tradition, grounded by its core values and principles as well as its vision ‘to be the company that best understands and satisfies the product, service and self-fulfillment needs of women – globally'” (Avon Products, Inc, 2016).
Who Founded Avon & When?
Avon was founded in 1886 by David H. McConnell under the name of California Perfume Company. The inspiration came from Mr. McConnell’s experience as a traveling book salesman for the Union Publishing Company in New York City, NY. He realized that his women customers were more excited about the free fragrance samples he gave as an incentive to purchase his books rather then the books themselves. Knowing that fragrances were a consumable item where a customer will have to continually buy, McConnell decided to change the direction of the company from selling books to selling fragrances. With the suggestion of his partner at the time, Mr. C.L. Snyder, who was living in California at the time, McConnell changed the company name to the California Perfume Company.
In 1939, the company name was officially changed to what we all know it as:
AVON PRODUCTS, INC
Who Was the First Avon Representative?
During a time when women were expected to be at home, David H. McConnell provided an opportunity for women to earn money independently & still be a homemaker. The “decision to recruit women as sales representatives for his California Perfume Company might have been a big, bold statement for the times. Yet it just made sense to McConnell when he saw the natural ability of women to network and market to others” (Direct Selling News, 2014).
In 1886, David H. McConnell provided California Perfume Company‘s first product, The Little Dot Perfume Set to a New Hampshire widow who ran a small store from her home named Mrs. P.F.E. Albee. Within months she developed a successful business model consisting of saleswomen (yes, she recruited other women to do this too) going door to door in their neighborhood to sell California Perfume Company‘s products. By the end of her career, “she recruited & trained almost 5,000 representatives” (Encyclopedia of American Women in Business From Colonial Times to Present: Volume 1 A-L, Krisman, 2005). She became known as the “Mother of the California Perfume Company” & the “First Avon Lady”.
What is the Difference Between Avon Products, Inc & New Avon, LLC?
On March 1, 2016 Avon Products, Inc & Cerebus Capital Management finalized their partnership agreement resulting in the North American Business be separated from Avon Products, Inc.. “The North American business will operate under the name New Avon LLC [while] Avon Products, Inc., comprised of the remaining international markets, [will continue] to trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker AVP” (New Avon, LLC, 2016).
To learn more, check out March 1, 2016 Press Release.
Are Avon Products Safe?
Avon values itself as a company that provides quality, safe products through out it’s over 130 year history. “Consumers can be assured that any product that carries the Avon name has undergone rigorous and thorough safety evaluation and can be used with the utmost confidence.” (New Avon, LLC, 2017).
To learn more about product safety, click here.
Does Avon Test on Animals?
NO! Avon, Inc was the first major cosmetic companies to stop animal testing in 1989. All New Avon, LLC products sold in U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico “are developed utilizing alternative testing methods such as extrapolations from existing data, computational modeling, in vitro (test tube/cell culture) testing and clinical tests with human volunteers to ensure both their efficacy and safety” (New Avon, LLC, 2016)
To learn more about Avon’s policy on animal testing, click here.
What is the Avon Foundation for Women & Their Causes?
The Avon Foundation for Women since 1955 has provided awareness & aid to charitable, educational & scientific programs that work to improve the lives of women & their families through the Breast Cancer Crusade & Speak Out Against Domestic Violence. They use 4 key strategies in an effort to “eradicate breast cancer… and to end domestic and gender violence” (Avon Foundation for Women, 2017):
The Avon Foundation for Women Breast Cancer Crusade began in 1992 with it’s intention to “prevent, treat, and ultimately eradicate breast cancer” (Avon Foundation for Women Breast Cancer, 2017). As of 2016, $800 million has been donated to programs around the world to help victims of breast cancer, especially in vulnerable communities that do not have easily accessible health care.
There are 3 ways people can donate to the Avon Foundation for Women Breast Cancer Crusade:
- Purchase of Pink Ribbon or Pink Hope products found on the online store at www.youravon.com/jantunes.
- Make a monetary donation to Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade (Click Here)
- Participate in your local Avon 39
In 2004, Avon Foundation started Speak Out Against Domestic Violence to help bring awareness to this taboo subject, educate prevention & provide support to the victims & their families. As of 2016, Avon Foundation Speak Out Against Domestic Violence has raised over $40 million to help support programs across the U.S. & another $60 million globally.
There are 3 core areas the Avon Foundation fund programs to stop gender base violence:
- The Justice Institute on Gender Based Violence which is a multi day interactive training program collaborated with U.S. Department of State & Vital Voices Global Partnership to “improve victim protection efforts and the criminal justice response to domestic violence through a trauma-informed approach” (Avon Foundation Domestic Violence, 2016).
- The National Leadership Institute: Changing the Narrative on Campus Gender-Based Violence which is currently funding 20 colleges & universities across the U.S. to help prevent violence on their campuses through a collaboration with Futures Without Violence partnership with Harvard Law School’s Gender Violence Program and University of Virginia’s Curry School of Education.
- Avon Location and Area Sales Domestic Violence Grants which provide financial support to agencies across the U.S. to help provide critical support to the victims of domestic violence. In 2016, “the Avon Foundation awarded 32 grants totaling $500,000″ (Avon Foundation Domestic Violence, 2016).
Buying Avon FAQ
How Can I Browse an Avon Brochure?
There are two ways you can browse an Avon brochure:
- Have an Avon brochure delivered to your home from a local Avon representative or
- Check out the current brochure online at www.youravon.com.
Like to receive the current Avon brochure?
- Request the current Avon brochure by emailing Jen Antunes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shop Online & request a FREE brochure with your online order at www.youravon.com/jantunes.
How Can I Learn About the Current Sales & Promotional Offers?
As a customer you can be updated on promotional offers, sales & discounts by:
- Registering a Customer Profile at www.youravon.com.
- Subscribe to Avon with Jen Antunes’ personal email. Click here to subscribe.
- Check out the latest online and FREE SHIPPING coupon codes at Avon Online Coupon Codes.
- Check out the current campaign’s Sales & Deals blog.
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for updates on the hottest sales & promotional offers as well as beauty tips, information on how you can save money & more.
How Can I Order Avon & Enjoy Home Delivery?
As an Avon customer you get to enjoy shopping in the comfort of your home & have it brought right to your front door! No lines, no looking for parking spaces, no crowds… doesn’t that sound amazing!
When you are ready to place your order, you can:
- Shop Online at www.youravon.com/jantunes & have your order shipped to you anywhere in the US for FREE with your $60+ order.
- Contact Jen Antunes with your order & payment method and she will submit the order online for you.
Learn about the benefits you can enjoy when you shop Avon online at Benefits of Shopping Avon with Jen Antunes Online.
Click here for current shipping information & rates, including shipping to Alaska & Hawaii.
How Can I Pay for My Order?
When you are ready to place your order, acceptable payments include:
- Mastercard, Visa, Discover & American Express
- Pay Pal
- Pre-paid/Gift Cards with Visa or Mastercard logo
All payments are due at the time of the order being placed.
If you are ordering through your local Avon representative, please contact him/her for more details on their accepted payment methods.
Can I Track My Online Order?
YES! With your online order, you can track your order through your Avon customer profile:
- Log in to your Avon Online Store account
- Scroll over to your name on top right & a drop down list will appear. Click on “My Account”.
- From list on the left, choose “Order History”.
- Click on the order you would like to track.
Not sure what your order number is? You can find your order number in your confirmation email or your “Thank You for Your Avon Online Order” email from myself. If you are unable to locate either of these emails, please contact Jen Antunes at email@example.com & I’d be happy to look it up for you. If you did not place your order with Jen Antunes, please contact the representative the order was placed with.
How Long Are Avon’s Campaigns?
There are a total of 26 campaigns in a given sales year. Each campaign is 2 weeks (holiday season schedules may change). Each campaign a new Avon brochure is released with new products, sales & special offers.
*As of January 2020, Avon Outlet will be discontinued.
I Don’t Have an Avon Lady, How Can I Find an Avon Representative in My Area?
Beginning January 2020, enjoy exclusive pricing & offers when shopping with your Avon representative!
You can find a local Avon representative at www.avon.com/findarep.
Live in the Springfield, MA area & need an Avon Lady?
How Can I Contact Avon Customer Service?
If you are looking to contact Avon customer service with any questions or concerns you have, you can:
If you are missing an item or have an issue with your direct delivery online order, please contact Avon at 1-800-500-2866.
I highly recommend contacting your Avon representative, if you have an error with your representative delivery order or have questions about a product. He/She will be the one to help resolve any order errors and/or be able to provide you the best personalized service in answering your questions & helping you choose the right product(s).
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Avon’s Return Policy?
Avon offers a 90 DAY 100% MONEY BACK CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. All items marked online and in the brochure “FINAL SALE” will be final and can not be returned.
Please contact your local Avon representative regarding their return policy on Representative Delivery orders.
Click Here for more information on Avon’s Return Policy.
How Do I Return an Item?
If you ordered online:
Follow the simple directions on the back of your packing slip to receive a full refund. If your refund is due to an Avon error, Avon will refund your returning shipping costs as well. If for some reason you do not have the packing slip please ship your return within 90 days to:
3601 EastPointe Drive
Zanesville, OH 43701
- Please make sure a copy of your packing slip or your full name, address, date of the order & email address is included with your return.
- Allow 7-10 business days for the return to be received by Avon.
- Your return will be processed within 5 business days upon arrival of your returned product & paperwork.
For Questions or Concerns Regarding Your Return:
Contact Customer Service at 1-800-500-AVON (2866)
Please contact your local Avon representative regarding their return policy on Representative Delivery orders.
How Can I Tell What Avon Skincare Products Are Best for My Skin?
Avon is a leading company in the skincare industry starting back in 1992 when Avon was the first to use Alpha Hydroxy Acid in their formula with Anew skincare line. Since then, Avon has continued to create amazing skincare products that will have your skin healthy and younger looking. With so many products to choose from, it can be hard to know which ones are best for your skin. If you are unsure what products to use for your daily skincare routine, there are three ways you can learn which ones to choose based on your skin type and concerns:
- Check out my blog Avon Anew: Taking Care of Your Skin: Learn what Anew products are best for your skin & how to complete the recommended skincare routine daily.
- Take a FREE Skin Advisor Quiz at my e-Store: At the end of the short quiz, you will automatically receive what products are best for your skin to give you the best results based on your answers.
- Schedule a FREE Skincare Consulation: During the consultation we will go over what type of skin you have, your skincare concerns, what products are best for you & how to use the products so you can get the best results.
Click Here for more information and expert tips on choosing the right skincare products for your skin.
Does Avon really have a health & wellness line?
YES! Beginning in Campaign 3’2018, Avon launched it’s newest product line in health & wellness called Espira. You will enjoy a customized product line specifically designed with your lifestyle in mind. Receive effective vitamins & supplements that are sourced from natural ingredients that will reset your metabolism, restore & promote your natural radiance and improve your overall health. Look & feel your best with a boost in your natural energy that will last all day.
Not sure what Espira vitamins & supplements would be best for you? You can:
- Check out my blog Avon Espira & a Healthier You where you learn all about Espira products as well as information & tips on using vitamins & supplements to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Take my FREE online Vitamin Finder Quiz. At the end of the short quiz, you will automatically see the recommended products that are best for you based on your answers.
- Email Jen Antunes at email@example.com and receive personal assistance on choosing the right Espira vitamins & supplements for you.
Is There a Way I Can Try A Product Before Purchasing the Full Size Product?
Yes! I have access to samples for most Avon beauty products. If you would like to try a product prior to purchasing the full size product, contact me & I will happily send you a FREE sampler.
Another great resource to check out is to see what others have to say about individual Avon products. You can find customer reviews and ratings when you scroll down on each product’s page at www.youravon.com/jantunes. You can also check out my personal product reviews on my blog Journey of Avon Mom.
Here is the list of available products reviews I have done:
- NutraEffects Hydration Night Gel Cream
- Anew Sheet Masks
- Today, Tomorrow, Always Absolute Parfum
- Avon True Color Flawless Liquid Foundation
- Anew Platinum Day Cream with SPF 25
- Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing & Repair Body Lotion
- Beyond Color Lipstick
- Anew Clean Cleansing Brush
- Attraction for Her Eau de Parfum
- Avon True Color Ideal Nude Liquid Foundation
- Espira by Avon Natural Energy
- Skin So Soft Original Oil-Infused Foaming Body Wash
- Avon x The Face Shop Ink Lasting Foundation
- Avon Flourish Honey Blossom Eau de Parfum
- *NEW* Avon Foot Works Overnight Renewing Cream
Remember, Avon offers 100% Money Back Guarantee, so if there is a product that you do not like for any reason, you can get your money back, guaranteed, when you return the product within 90 days.
How Can I Tell What Size to Order When I Want to Order Something in Fashion?
I know how annoying it is to shop for clothes & have to struggle with different brands having different sizes. If you are unsure if something is going to fit you, you can check out Avon’s fit guide at www.youravon.com/jantunes. There’s even a guide to show you how to measure so you will know what’s the best size for you.
Remember, Avon offers 100% Money Back Guarantee, so if there is a product that does not fit you, you can get your money back when you return the product within 90 days and reorder a different size.
Does Avon Still Offer Fundraisers?
Yes! An Avon fundraiser is a great way to raise money for your local school, club, organization or charity. Many organizations have found great success with Avon due to the fact that it is a well known brand name that offers quality products for the whole family. You can expect to receive up to 40% of the profits within 3 weeks. The best part is that the merchandise sold in the fundraiser are competitively priced unlike other organizations who charge premium prices.
FAQ Selling Avon
How Do I Start My Own Avon Business?
Ready to start your very own Avon business? AWESOME! It’s simple & easy as 1-2-3:
- Go to www.startavon.com & use Reference Code: jantunes
- Complete online contract
- For LIMITED TIME, you have 3 options to choose from:
- Make a $5+ donation to American Cancer Society‘s breast cancer programs
- Purchase a $107 value Bestsellers Kit that includes full size products & brochures for $30
- Take advantage of the NO COST sign up
Learn more about starting your very own Avon business online at Sell Avon Online: How to Start.
I Signed Up to Become an Avon Representative, Now What?
Once you have signed up, you will automatically receive a Welcome Email from Avon. In that email, you will receive your account number, your district number, your mentor’s (aka upline) name & contact information.
Once you receive that email, you can register your AvonNow account:
- Go to www.youravon.com/us-home.
- Click on “Register your account to sign in” link
- Input your district number, account number & last four digits of your social security number then click “Next”
- Read & accept the terms & conditions.
- Create your password & password hint. Click Continue.
- Follow instructions on personalizing your AvonNow account & setting up your very own online store.
Once you have completed the registration process of your personal Avon account, you will be able to browse through & see all the amazing tools Avon offers. This is where you can submit your customer orders, order brochures & business tools, create & edit your FREE online Store, receive online training, pay Avon, keep track of your customer base & more. Everything you need to help you start, manage & grow your business.
To learn more about your personal back office, check out Avon Selling Tips: Using Web Office for Online Business.
Once you have registered your account, I recommend doing these 3 activities right away:
- Start your Avon U training found on youravon.com
- Use Avon Social tab & the Email Center found in the Web Office on youravon.com to let people know you are now open for business. When someone clicks on the post/email, he/she will automatically be directed to your online store.
- Contact your mentor (aka Upline) to discuss your goals & go over any questions you may have.
For more tips on how to start a successful Avon business online, check out Sell Avon Online: How to Start.
Do I Get Any Support to Help Me? What if I Have Any Questions or Concerns, Who Do I Contact?
YES! YOU DO HAVE SUPPORT! One of the many benefits of being an Avon representative is that you are a part of the Avon sisterhood. You first line of support will come from your Avon upline & team. In your Welcome Email from Avon, you will receive the contact information for your mentor (aka upline). This will be your go to person if you have any questions or concerns. He/She is there to support, guide & celebrate with you as you start, grow & build a successful business.
You will also find support, guidance and tips from other representatives within your local area as well as online. Join Facebook groups, follow blogs & YouTube channels, network at local events offered by Avon or your upline.
On top of enjoying support from other representatives, you can also enjoy Avon provided support, guidance and tools to help you grow & manage your Avon business such as monthly virtual sales meeting, local Leadership Development coaches and certified training programs. Plus, you can take advantage of Avon U training courses, product guides & a variety of tools right at your fingertips with your registered youravon.com account. As a representative, you can contact Avon Care Center with answer any questions or concerns you may have on your account, earnings & incentives, placing orders and more.
AVON CARE CENTER
English: 1-866-513-2866 Spanish: 1-866-588-2866
For Product Information: 1-866-387-2866 (press option 3 after selecting language)
- Monday to Friday 8 AM to 11 PM EST
- Saturday 11:30 AM to 5 PM EST
- Sunday 3 PM to 12 AM EST
Check upcoming Avon Care Center holiday hours on youravon.com
As a member of Jen Antunes representative team, you will begin to receive training emails from Avon & Jen Antunes to help guide you as you start your Avon business in. Jen Antunes will continue to be your mentor & your go to person with any questions or concerns you may have in running your Avon business.
Though you do have the support of a mentor, this is YOUR BUSINESS. How much you earn will be based on what you put into it. Regardless of you working your business full time or part time, if there is a will, there is a way. So set your goals, create a plan & work it!
Can You Really Make Money Selling Avon?
YES! As with any business, the more effort you put into your Avon business, the more you will get in return. Avon provides their Representatives 2 ways to earn money:
- Personal Sales: There are 3 ways an Avon representative can earn 20%-40% by the first dollar they sell of Avon products- NO SALES QUOTA!:
- Brochure Orders
- Online Orders
- Fundraising (every registered fundraiser is 50% discount, it is up to you on how much you want to give to the charity of the 50% discount. To learn more about fundraising, check out Avon Fundraising.
Avon Brochure & Online Earnings Chart
- Leadership: As an Avon Leader, there are 2 areas to concentrate on:
- Recruiting: It is very important in leadership to continually recruit & add members to your downline. Each time a recruit places a $150+ order by their 2nd campaign, you will earn a recruiting bonus
- Mentoring: In order to help grow your team is by mentoring representatives on your team to grow their business in sales & leadership. The more money they earn, the more money you will earn.
To learn more about Avon’s earnings & incentive programs, check out Avon Training: How to Earn Money with Avon
I Heard Avon Offers Amazing Incentives, What Incentives Can I Work For as a New Representative?
In order to help representatives have fun, enjoy amazing new earnings & opportunities and reward them for all their hard work, Avon offers a variety of incentives throughout the year. Some incentives are based on sales, leadership or both.
Learn more about current incentives for new representatives + tips on how to achieve them at Avon Incentives for New Representatives 2020
With All These Earning Opportunities, How Do I Get Paid?
There are 3 ways to get paid as an Avon Representative depending on where the earnings are coming from.
- For in person sales, you will collect orders from your customers & submit them on youravon.com account. At that time Avon will bill you the cost of the products your customers ordered at a discounted price based on your order total. The amount you have left over from your customer payments is your profit.
- For online sales, you will receive % of the order applied to youravon.com account. The percentage applied will be based on what your total sales are for that given campaign (online orders + orders submitted on youravon.com. If you are only selling online or have a negative balance, Avon will direct deposit twice a month once your balance reaches $25+.
- For leadership earnings & bonuses, your earnings will automatically be direct deposited biweekly into your registered checking account or deposited onto your prepaid Visa Card provided by Avon. Learn more about registering a checking account & prepaid Visa Card on youravon.com.
Do I Have to Keep a Certain Inventory or Do A Set Number of Home Parties a Month as an Avon Representative?
No! One of the benefits of being an Avon representative is that you are not required to keep a certain inventory stock or do home parties. You can if you choose, but it is NOT A REQUIREMENT.
Avon will never require you to keep a certain amount of stock products.
After a while, many representatives have certain products on hand better provide service for their customers. You will quickly learn what your customers like & will know what products can be helpful to have on hand to earn the most such as hand creams or fragrances that are continuously ordered. As a Representative, you can purchase many of the top favorite products ahead of time or in bundles from the Avon What’s New at a discounted price.
Home parties are a great way to increase your sales & grow your customer base but it is up to the individual Representative if they offer home parties. Many Representatives do other types of parties like Brochure or Facebook parties instead. This allows them to receive the same benefits of having a home party but gives them another option to offer that can be more convenient for their customers or themselves.
Is There a Demo Book for Avon Representatives?
Yes! This is another benefit of being an Avon representative. Each time you place an AvonNow order, you will receive the Avon Representative demo book called Avon What’s New. Here you will find opportunities to purchase Avon products & business tools at a discounted or demo price. You will also find tips on how to grow your business, have the opportunity to purchase *NEW* Avon products before they are even released, information on products, sample bundles & more.
Do you have a question about being an Avon customer or becoming an Avon Representative?
Email Jen Antunes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shop Current Avon Brochure
Click Here for the Current Avon Brochure
HOW TO JOIN AVON
What You Can Do With Avon: Shop Avon Online Shop Avon Brochure Sell Avon Use Reference Code: jantunes Earn Free Avon Donate with Avon