Buy or Sell Avon: FAQ’s
One of my first blog posts on here, back in 2016, was a frequently asked questions. I did try & keep it up to date since then, however, over the last year or so, there has been a lot of changes. So, below I go over frequently asked questions I’ve come across the last 6 years as an Avon representative when it comes to buying and selling Avon.
FAQ’s About Avon
WHAT IS AVON?
Avon North America is now known as The Avon Company and it is the leading direct selling beauty company with independent sales representatives in the U.S., Puerto Rico & Canada. You can shop a wide variety of beauty & home products including award winning skincare, makeup, fragrance & body care as well as fashion, jewelry & home cleaning. (The Avon Company, 2021) Avon is celebrating their 135th anniversary this year of empowering women through economic freedom as well as supporting women causes like breast cancer & domestic violence.
WHAT IS THE HISTORY OF AVON?
- Founder, David H. McConnel was a traveling book salesperson who realized his female customers were more interested in his FREE fragrance samples than the books he was selling.
- He founded California Perfume Company in 1886 with partner Mr. C.L. Snyder
- He hired widower & store ownder Mrs P.F.E. Albee as his first sales representative to sell his first product Little Dot Perfume
- Within months, Mrs. P.F.E. Albee had built a successful business model consisting of saleswomen going door to door in their neighborhood to sell California Perfume Company‘s products.
- In 1896, the first brochure was printed & handed out to customers.
- The Avon name & logo is first used on a cosmetics line in 1929 which led to the company’s name officially changing to Avon in 1939.
- In 1946, Avon goes public leading to being listed on New York Stock Exchange in 1964.
- In 1950’s Avon grows to what many of us know as… “Avon calling”
- 1960’s to 1990’s Avon continues to grow & launches new products such as Skin So Soft, fragrances, jewelry & innovative skincare formulas.
- In 1993 Avon launches their crusade against breast cancer by selling pink ribbon products reaching $1 billion milestone in 2014 & becomes national sponsor for American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- In 2016, Avon Products, Inc (Avon worldwide) and New Avon Company, LLC (Avon North America) become 2 separate companies.
- End of 2019, LG Household & Health Care acquires New Avon Company, LLC to become The Avon Company, the new & improved Avon we have today!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AVON PRODUCTS AND THE AVON COMPANY?
On March 1, 2016 Avon Products, Inc & Cerebus Capital Management finalized their partnership agreement resulting in the North American Business be separated from Avon Products, Inc.. “The North American business will operate under the name New Avon LLC [while] Avon Products, Inc., comprised of the remaining international markets, [will continue] to trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker AVP” (New Avon, LLC, 2016).
“The addition of Avon’s iconic brand, award-winning products, dedicated employee base and network of 250,000 sales representatives throughout North America will support LG H&H‘s international growth plans. Under LG H&H‘s ownership, Avon North America will continue its strategy of product innovation, while strengthening its position as the leading social selling beauty company in the region. Avon North America is expected to benefit from LG H&H‘s world-class R&D capabilities in cosmetics, personal care, fragrance, packaging and design.”Cision, 2019
DOES AVON TEST ON ANIMALS?
This is probably one of the most popular questions I get from both customers & representatives. All products sold in Avon North America are not tested on animals. They use alternative methods to test new products including using existing data, human volunteers & other testing methods.
To learn more about Avon’s animal testing policies, click here.
FAQ’S Buying Avon
HOW CAN I BROWSE AN AVON BROCHURE?
There are two ways you can browse an Avon brochure:
- Have an Avon brochure delivered to your home from a local Avon representative or
- Check out the current brochure online at www.youravon.com.
HOW CAN I RECEIVE AN AVON BROCHURE EACH CAMPAIGN?
HOW CAN I STAY UP TO DATE ON SALES & PROMOTIONAL OFFERS?
As a customer you can be updated on promotional offers, sales & discounts by:
- Registering a Customer Profile at www.youravon.com.
- Subscribe to Avon with Jen Antunes’ personal email. Click here to subscribe.
- Follow this blog, Journey of an Avon Mom, for campaign updates as well as product reviews, product guides, beauty tips & tutorials.
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for updates on the hottest sales & promotional offers as well as beauty tips, information on how you can save money & more.
HOW CAN I ORDER AVON?
As an Avon customer you get to enjoy shopping in the comfort of your home & have it brought right to your front door! No lines, no looking for parking spaces, no crowds… doesn’t that sound amazing!
When you are ready to place your order, you can shop online at www.youravon.com/jantunes & have your order shipped to you anywhere in the US for FREE with your $60+ order.
HOW CAN I ENJOY FREE SHIPPING WITH MY ONLINE AVON ORDER?
You can enjoy FREE SHIPPING with your $60+ online order as a registered customer to an Avon representative. Orders under $60 or not shopping with a representative, your shipping fee will be $8 to $14 based on your order total.
To enjoy FREE SHIPPING promo codes, register your email address at youravon.com/jantunes & allow promotional emails in your email preferences to receive coupon codes, including FREE SHIPPING.
For Avon’s full shipping rates & policies, click here.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DOES AVON ACCEPT?
When you are ready to place your order, acceptable payments include:
- Mastercard, Visa, Discover & American Express
- Pay Pal
- Pre-paid/Gift Cards with Visa or Mastercard logo
If you are ordering through your local Avon representative, please contact him/her for more details on their accepted payment methods.
CAN I TRACK MY ONLINE ORDER?
YES! With your online order, you can track your order through your Avon customer profile:
- Log in to your Avon Online Store account
- Scroll over to your name on top right & a drop down list will appear. Click on “My Account”.
- From list on the left, choose “Order History”.
- Click on the order you would like to track.
Not sure what your order number is? You can find your order number in your confirmation email or your “Thank You for Your Avon Online Order” email from myself. If you are unable to locate either of these emails, please contact Jen Antunes at email@example.com & I’d be happy to look it up for you. If you did not place your order with Jen Antunes, please contact the representative the order was placed with.
HOW CAN I SHOP WITH AN AVON REPRESENTATIVE IN MY AREA?
You can find a local Avon representative at www.avon.com/findarep.
Live in the Springfield, MA area & need an Avon Lady?
HOW CAN I CONTACT AVON WITH A QUESTION, CONCERN OR ISSUE?
If you are looking to contact Avon customer service with any questions or concerns you have, you can:
If you are missing an item or have an issue with your direct delivery online order, please contact Avon at 1-800-500-2866.
I highly recommend contacting your Avon representative, if you have an error with your representative delivery order or have questions about a product. He/She will be the one to help resolve any order errors and/or be able to provide you the best personalized service in answering your questions & helping you choose the right product(s).
My customers can reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS AVON’S RETURN POLICY?
Avon offers a 45 DAY 100% MONEY BACK CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. All items marked online and in the brochure “FINAL SALE” will be final and can not be returned.
Click Here for more information on Avon’s Return Policy.
HOW DO I RETURN AN ITEM I PURCHASED ONLINE?
Follow the simple directions on the back of your packing slip to receive a full refund. If your refund is due to an Avon error, Avon will refund your returning shipping costs as well. If for some reason you do not have the packing slip please ship your return within 90 days to:
3601 EASTPOINTE DRIVE
ZANESVILLE, OH 43701
- Please make sure a copy of your packing slip or your full name, address, date of the order & email address is included with your return.
- Allow 7-10 business days for the return to be received by Avon.
- Your return will be processed within 5 business days upon arrival of your returned product & paperwork.
For Questions or Concerns Regarding Your Return:
Contact Customer Service at 1-800-500-AVON (2866)
Please contact your local Avon representative regarding their return policy on Representative Delivery orders.
IS THERE A WAY I CAN TRY NEW & POPULAR AVON PRODUCTS?
Yes! I have access to samples for most Avon beauty products. If you would like to try a product prior to purchasing the full size product, contact me & I will happily send you a FREE sampler.
Also, I have a monthly sample club where I ship out up to 5 samplers each month where members will receive about a week’s worth of samples on *NEW* & popular Avon products. All I ask for members to do is to complete a short questionnaire that they receive via email about the products they received.
HOW CAN I CHOOSE THE RIGHT MAKEUP SHADE LIKE FOUNDATION OR LIPSTICK?
You can now test out foundation & concealer shades right from your device with Avon’s Virtual Shade Finder Tool and Virtual Makeover Tool. Choose a model with similar skin tone or allow camera access and see how the shades look on yourself. Never have to worry about purchasing a foundation with the wrong undertone or a lipstick that will wash you out. You can see what the shades will look on you before purchasing!
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SKINCARE PRODUCTS ARE RIGHT FOR MY SKIN?
Avon is a leading company in the skincare industry starting back in 1992 when Avon was the first to use Alpha Hydroxy Acid in their formula with Anew skincare line. Since then, Avon has continued to create amazing skincare products that will have your skin healthy and younger looking along with top of the line K-beauty formulas from LG H&H such as The Face Shop & belif.
With so many products to choose from, it can be hard to know which ones are best for your skin as well as your skincare concern. If you are unsure what products to use for your daily skincare routine, there are three ways you can learn which ones to choose based on your skin type and concerns:
- Check out my beauty guide blog posts where I go over skincare recommendations & tips in a variety of blog posts.
- Follow my YouTube channel where I provide tips, recommendations & tutorials on all things beauty, including skincare.
- Take a FREE Skin Advisor Quiz at my e-Store: At the end of the short quiz, you will automatically receive what products are best for your skin to give you the best results based on your answers.
- Schedule a FREE Skincare Consulation with Jen Antunes: During the consultation we will go over what’s your skin type, your skincare concerns, what products are best for you & how to use the products so you can get the best results.
Click Here for more information and expert tips on choosing the right skincare products for your skin.
HOW CAN I TELL WHAT SIZE TO GET WITH FASHION PRODUCTS?
If you are unsure if something is going to fit you, you can check out Avon’s fit guide at youravon.com/jantunes. There’s even a guide to show you how to measure so you will know what’s the best size for you. For reference, from my personal experience with purchasing some Avon Fashion pieces, they run true to size in clothes and with shoes I get a half size bigger because I have wider feet that swell on & off.
DOES AVON STILL DO FUNDRAISERS?
Yes! An Avon fundraiser is a great way to raise money for your local school, club, organization or charity. Many organizations have found great success with Avon due to the fact that it is a well known brand name that offers quality products for the whole family. The best part is that the merchandise sold in the fundraiser are competitively priced unlike other organizations who charge premium prices.
Keep in mind, you do need to register a fundraiser with an Avon Independent Sales Representative. I personally offer online fundraisers for customers so they can raise funds for their cause through my online store. You can expect to receive up to 35% of the profits within 3 weeks.
FAQ’S Selling Avon
To learn all about the FAQ’s regarding selling Avon, check out my Tuesday Training video below:
For more information, tips & tutorials on selling Avon, check out my Tuesday Training Playlist.
Do you have a question about buying or selling Avon that was not answered here?
Comment below any questions or contact Jen Antunes at email@example.com
Let’s Get You Started…
Join Avon today with Reference Code: jantunes at avon.com.
As a new representative, enjoy
- 25% earnings on beauty & jewelry sales and 20% on fashion & home sales
- Enjoy opportunities for bonuses & incentives with qualifying campaign sales
- FREE online store customers anywhere in the U.S. can shop from & enjoy FREE SHIPPING with their $60+ order
- FREE online training, tools & support to help you start, grow & manage your own successful Avon business anywhere, anytime.
- Have access to a team Facebook group where you can enjoy weekly live trainings & tutorials, recognition & incentives and a place to find support as much or as little as you need.
Join Avon today with 1 of 3 options:
- Get started for $0
- Make a $5+ donation to American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Choose a starter collections with best selling products value starting at $112
Limited Time Offer
As a first responder, receive a $300 value Welcome Bundle with your first order.
No matter what option you choose, you will receive all the benefits of being an Avon representative so you can take control of your financial future just like Jen Antunes!